Reclaim Your Right to Happy Sex
BioMoi™ vaginal dilators have an ergonomically designed tube-shape and are crafted from antimicrobial silicone for a smooth insertion to stretch the vagina so it regains or keeps its natural elasticity. Vaginal dilator therapy can help you attain comfort with penetration and help to reduce or alleviate symptoms from common vaginal conditions.
To ensure you achieve success, it’s important to follow this step-by-step guide on how to use BioMoi™ vaginal dilators.
Directions Before Using Vaginal Dilators
- Find a private and comfortable space. You should practice dilator therapy in an environment free of distraction and stress-inducing factors. Put yourself in a relaxing state of mind, taking deep breaths and exhaling slowly. Try diaphragmatic breathing (breathing through the belly), which helps naturally relax and open the vagina walls.
- Get into a comfortable position. Lie on your back, knees bent with your feet flat on the surface and spread your legs shoulder-width apart. The position should be comfortable and allow you to touch the opening of your vagina.
- Apply a water-based lubricant to the opening of your vagina and to the smallest size dilator (or the size that you know will stretch your vagina without causing pain. If it hurts, downgrade to a smaller diameter). Do not use Vaseline®, as it can irritate the vaginal mucous membrane.
- Select the properly sized dilator. Your vaginal dilator should fit snug, but not tight. If the pressure causes pain, stop. If the dilator penetrates easily, use a larger size. We offer 6 graduated vaginal dilator sizes, sold separately or as dilator sets. A vaginal dilator set is a great choice so that you have a variety of sizes on hand prior to starting pelvic floor therapy.
How to Use a Vaginal Dilator for Pelvic Therapy
- Gently insert the vaginal dilator. Relax your pelvic floor muscles and, using the rounded end, inch the dilator into your vagina. To make the insertion of the dilator easier, you can practice a few Kegel exercises to relax your pelvic floor muscles.
- Practice for a few minutes, stay focused, and take calming breaths. Once you’ve reached your maximum, gently move the dilator in, out, and around, to stretch the vagina. Gradually increase to up to 10 minutes as you feel more comfortable over time.
- Remove the dilator and spend a few extra minutes of breathing and relaxing.
- Wash the vaginal dilator with mild soap and hot water. BioCote® protected antimicrobial silicone eliminates 99.99% of microbes such as bacteria, mold, and mildew that can cause odors, staining, and material degradation, making them easier to keep clean and keeping them fresher for longer.
Important Tips for Vaginal Dilator Use
Vaginal therapy should not cause pain; its aim is to free you of pain. Should you feel any discomfort, stop and breathe deeply. Progress from vaginal dilator therapy varies; how long it takes for dilators to “work” or provide relief can vary from woman to woman. Do not be discouraged if you feel it’s taking too long. Be patient with your body. We recommend purchasing a vaginal dilator set with incremental sizes so you can increase and progress through the dilator therapy process at your own pace.
BioMoi™ vaginal dilator kits are eligible for reimbursement with flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA).
Speak to your ob/gyn, physical therapist, or women’s healthcare professional about how vaginal dilator therapy can help you reduce adverse symptoms from many vaginal conditions, including: